Sunday, August 4, 2013

Hexagon Love

Hi Everyone,

I just couldn't wait till these new punch and stamp companion became available. I've always had a love for Hexagons both on paper and with fabric. I was also delighted when these papers much like the now retired DSP- Afternoon Tea, but in different colours. I love both collections.  They were the perfect choice for an updated birthday shot in which I had a high tea as part of the celebration, as you may have seen in earlier posts.





Here are some of the stamps etc that I used to put this together.

Afternoon Picnic - 131390

Six Sided Sampler stamp - 130956



130919
That's The Ticket stamp- 128075 (c)


Ticket Duo Builder - 126883

Hello Doily Stamp - 122847 (c)
***Note: - I stamped this stamp with versamark (watermark ink) onto some acetate sheet (or window sheet would do) and then embossed it with white embossing powder, trim around the shape and applied it with glue dots to the layout.

Oh Hello stamp- 130733 (c)

***Note- To cut out the label with the stamped image- "The Secret to Enjoying Life" I used an oval framelit and also the Petite Pennants Builder punch for the ends, after the oval shape had been cut first.

From My Heart stamp- 126557 (c)


Ovals Collection - 129381


Petite Pennants Builder Punch - 122361


Everything Eleanor stamp - (c) - 124164
***Note- I used the round lacy stamp for my journaling and the label stamp behind my title banner.

Gorgeous Grunge Stamp - 130517 (c)
***Note :- Layout background was stamped with the smallest dot splatter stamp with versamark ink to give the background dimension. The lines stamp was done with Crushed Curry ink.

 Other Used: -  
  • Inks- Wisteria Wonder - 126985
  •       -  Concord Crush (retired colour)
  •       -  Crushed  Curry - 131173
  • Bakers twine- white - 124262
  • Gems -119246
  • DK purple embroidery cotton (hand sewn)
  • Silver glitter paper -124005 & 7/8" scallop circle punch shape -129404
  • Small white clay pressed flower made from the Simply Pressed Clay and Buttons & Blossoms Mold.
Well that wraps up this project and I am looking forward to doing more with these Hexagon products for one among others :-)



Have a great week



EnjoyRuthy









1 comment:

  1. This looks fantastic Ruth, I love all your detail and the use of the hexagons. Beautiful page xx

    ReplyDelete